The New Year has well and truly began and I am welcoming 2014 with open arms and hoping that this year brings back the inspiration needed to come back here and stay for a while.
During my break from here I became comfortable in the instagram community because I love the daily pics, the creativity, the beautiful inspiring community and of course the conversations. I love that you can post a pic and get people talking. I love that I don’t have to post a pic but I can still pop in whenever I want to and have a conversation with someone. I love that I don’t feel like I HAVE to, but that I WANT to. I love the support. I love that sometimes we all share the same problems. I love that we can help each other with our queries. I love that there will always be someone awake at some strange hour to click a "heart" on your photo.
But you know what, I miss it here, I have been missing it for a while. Truth is, once you are gone for some time it’s so much harder to get back.
A friend recently told me that she returned to blogging because “...I want to say more!” and it’s true, sometimes you just need to say a bit more.
So Cath, this post and recipe is especially for you.
Muesli Barsmakes about 21 medium bars
- 2 cups muesli mix
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C / 160C (fan) and line a 20x30cm tin with grease proof paper
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine
- Place honey into a saucepan over medium heat and cook until runny, just a couple of minutes. Mix in the vegetable oil and brown sugar
- Add the honey mixture to dry ingredients and mix to combine
- Spoon into prepared tin and flatten with a spoon. Bake for about 25 minutes or until slightly golden. Cool slightly and cut into pieces
- Store in an airtight container
My kids are back at school on Thursday so I made these especially for them.
How are you all coping with the children going back to school, are you relieved, a little sad?
Do you have newbies starting prep this year? I think you'll definitely need a hug or two.
Please leave me a comment so I know you are here and you'd like me to hang around, I really have so much to tell you, so many recipes to share.
In the meantime, I'll be hanging out on instagram.