> m.e: Giraffe Cupcakes ♥

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Giraffe Cupcakes ♥

We were invited to celebrate a special little boys 1st Birthday and we made him these cute little giraffe cupcakes.
The giraffe was made out of white fondant & chocolate fondant and the cupcakes were lemon with a lemon butter icing.

I thought I'd add a few pics of how to make them just in case someone needs to make them for their special little birthday boy or girl.

Lemon Cupcakes

225g butter

225g caster sugar

225g self-raising flour

4 eggs

1 tsp vanilla essence
zest of one lemon

Lemon Butter Icing

250g butter

1 cup icing sugar

zest of one lemon


Preheat oven to 175

Place all cupcake ingredients in a large bowl and beat with an electric whisk until smooth and pale, about 2-3 minutes. Spoon the batter into cases.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and cool on rack.


For butter icing, whisk ingredients until smooth and pale and pipe onto cool cupcakes.


For the fondant giraffes, r
oll out fondant and cut out shapes.
Glue shapes together with a little bit of water. Leave to dry and place onto cupcakes.

If anyone tries them I'd love to see them.

✗Cathie

Pin It

15 comments:

Melinda @ Here We Go Loopy Lou said...

These are fantastic! What a lucky little boy.

Mary said...

Your cupcakes are so adorable! Love the fondant giraffes.

Nikki Cardigan said...

Oh, oh, oh... I love them! You are so clever Cathie.

Buttons by Lou Lou said...

Thankyou so much for bringing them to the party. We absolutely loved them! We certainly appreciated all the time you put into them!

One Flew Over said...

What beautiful looking cupcakes. I am quite partial to the ol' cupcake so will put these on the 'to make' list...although mine won't be so good looking!

Christy said...

Your cupcakes are awesome cathie!!!

Tania said...

If I'm going to keep popping by here, I'm really going to have to be a whole lot more proactive on the gym visitation!

Baker's Cakes said...

So cute! I'm loving lemon right now too!!!

Kathryn - MamaBoo said...

They are just so cute, lucky boy!

mum space said...

Cathie! Stop it. They are too cute. On our to-make list. Thank you x

Bethwyn said...

They are super cute!

And thanks for stopping by :)

Sarah S-B said...

How adorable!!! Love them :)

Thea said...

They are the cutest cupcakes I have ever seen! I love giraffes and I love lemon - perfect. Thank you for visiting my blog too. Find a printing space and I will be happy to teach a class.

Sara said...

so cute!!! My little boy is just crazy about giraffes. I'll be making these for his next birthday. Thank you, thank you, thank you

Nicole said...

Wow, very talented. What a lovely present for a one year old :)