On such an occasion, I met a lovely lady who wanted some cupcakes for her daughter's 18th and happened to stumble upon our stall and our cupcakes.
The request was for Vanilla Cupcakes with Cream Cheese/Sour Cream Icing so I wanted to share the recipe with you.
The birthday girl also wanted some black hearts which were made out of fondant, which was coloured black and cut out.
(makes about 24)Ingredients
- 250g butter, softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 290g plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup (185ml) milk
- 115g butter, softened
- 250g icing sugar mixture (adjust depending on how thick you want the icing)
- 50ml sour cream
- 50g cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a muffin pan with 24 patty cases
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla bean paste with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well. Add the flour and milk in alternate batches and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture evenly among the patty cases
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden and tested with a skewer. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completelyFor the icing, beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy then add cream cheese, beat well then add sour cream. Depending on thickness of icing you may need to add some more icing mixture. Pipe icing onto cupcakes and enjoy!