> m.e: Cinnamon & Raisin Toasted Muesli

Monday, September 21, 2009

Cinnamon & Raisin Toasted Muesli

Thank you for all your questions and recipe requests, if you still haven't put one through you still have till tomorrow.

I will get to all of them in the next couple of weeks but for now I thought I'd try a variation on our porridge as the little ones are wanting a little more of an adventure with their breakfast.

Cinnamon & Raisin Toasted Muesli

ingredients
  • 4 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 cup raisins

method
  • Preheat oven at 180 C
  • in a large bowl combine oats and coconut and set aside
  • in a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, oil, honey and cinnamon and bring to the boil. remove from heat and stir in vanilla
  • pour over oat mixture and stir till coated
  • spread in a large shallow baking pan and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden, whilst stirring occasionally.
  • cool and then add raisins or whatever dried fruit you like, I added dried apricots as well.
  • store in an airtight container
This toasted muesli mix is also good to add to some plain yoghurt as an afternoon snack.

Hope you enjoy it, please let me know if you give it a try
Pin It

12 comments:

Catherine said...

That recipe sounds so yummy Cathie I think I might have to give it a try. I haven't made my own muesli before but this sounds nice and simple. Thank you:)

Tania said...

MmmmMmmmmmm (x 5 for all in this house). I can tell just by reading the recipe. Thanks Mrs!

Sandrine said...

Miam!!!!I will have to do that for sure!!Thanks Cathie;)x

thereddeer said...

I love muesli - but alas it doesn't fit into my supposed healthy eating plan (like I can stick to it!).

Iva said...

woohoo! Sounds completely amazingly delicious!Will have to give it a go! :) Have a great Monday!

Kat said...

That sounds yummy! Unfortunately I am allergic to coconut but maybe I could make it without.

Jessi said...

yummy!!!!!

One Flew Over said...

Delicious...thank you!

SweetThings said...

You make it look so simple - wait, it is! Thank you - I have to make this!

Karine said...

Your muesli sounds so delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

Buttons by Lou Lou said...

Looks very yummy!

Duchess of Tea said...

Mmmmm Yummy, I will have to try it. My daughter will enjoy it over her morning yogurt.

Love & Hugs
Duchess