Was not sure if mr m.e would like them as he is a coffee drinker and I did try a while back to make them but he definitely was not impressed with that version.
Thankfully with these, most of them have already been devoured and the verdict was that they are like a moist spice tea cake.
- 1/4 cup chai mix
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 eggs
- 225g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons warm water
- cinnamon sugar
- preheat oven to 160 C, place medium sized cupcake papers in pan
- in a cup add chai mix and hot water and allow to stand for 15 minutes and strain
- in another bowl, beat butter and sugar, then add eggs and beat until light and fluffy
- sift flour and spices together and add to mixture, then add milk and beat until light and creamy for about 2 minutes
- add chai and mix until combined
- divide mixture into cupcake papers and bake for about 20 minutes until slightly golden and skewer comes out clean
- allow to cool, then add topping which you make by mixing water with the raw sugar, and spread on cupcakes and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
Have a beautiful day, we will be baking a vegan cake for my nephew's birthday tomorrow.