I feel a bit lost, there is so much I want to show you but I can't.
My camera is still at the shop and I feel a little naked without it.
For now I'll share this recipe with you, luckily there was a photo of it on my hard drive.
You'll need a food processor for this as it uses whole oranges and they need to be whizzed up.
Flourless Orange and Almond Cake (gluten free)
- 2 oranges
- 250g caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 250g almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- wash oranges and place whole in a saucepan with water and slowly simmer for about 2 hours or until soft, drain an set aside to cool slightly
- preheat oven to 180C/160C fan
- grease and line the base of a 20cm spring form tin with paper
- separate eggs and place yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk until pale and fluffy
- meanwhile process oranges in food processor until smooth
- add egg whites to yolk mixture and continue whisking until incorporated
- add processed oranges and mix
- add almond meal and baking powder and continue mixing until combined
- pour into tin and bake for an hour until golden
- dust with icing sugar to serve or brush with an orange sugar syrup and sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds
- orange syrup - 1/2 cup squeezed orange juice & 1/2 cup caster sugar
- heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved, bring to the boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
Thanks for popping by even though I don't have much to offer lately, it definitely is lovely to read your sweet words.
Happy November friends ♥