We went blackberry picking again and came home and made you a cake.
- 2 eggs
- 40ml olive or vegetable oil
- 100g caster sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup buttermilk*
- 300g plain flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- fresh blackberries or any other fresh berries
- raw sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan, grease and line with baking paper a 25cm square tin or 30cm rectangular tin
- whisk eggs until light and fluffy, add oil sugar and lemon zest and keep whisking for another few minutes, then add buttermilk and continue whisking until well combined
- sift in the flour and baking powder and just mix until combined
- pour into prepared tin and gently scatter over blackberries until cake is covered
- sprinkle with raw sugar and bake for 30-35 min and test with a skewer
* how to make buttermilk : 1 tablespoon of vinegar in a cup and then fill up to 1 cup with milk, set aside for about 10 minutes at room temperature
i guess that means no more pics
Happy week friends, hope you have exciting plans for the week, if you do, Vic would love you to join her.
In the meantime the kettle is on if you want a piece of cake.