Haven't really been creating anything much of late so when I was lucky enough to be given some homegrown apples from a friend I had to create * an apple crumble!
You can use any fruit you have on hand really and if you have frozen fruit in the freezer just add it to the mix.
This recipe is adapted for my taste, omitting the butter.
Apple & Mixed Berry Crumble
- 1 kg apples
- 1 1/2 cups mixed berries (or as many as you'd like)
- 350g rolled oats
- 200g brown sugar
- maple syrup
- peel and core apples and cut them into slices, give them a wash and place them in a pot over medium heat for a few minutes, add a splash of vanilla and a few generous tablespoons of sugar depending on how sweet your fruit is and leave on the stove for another few minutes
- preheat oven to 190C/170C fan, place rolled oats and brown sugar into a bowl, mix until combined, add as much maple syrup as you like so it coats the oat mixture, needs to clump together
- place apples into 30 x 20cm baking dish, add the frozen berries and top with rolled oat mixture making sure fruit is covered
- bake for about 40 minutes or until top is golden and juices bubbling from the sides
As simple as that. Now go and visit some real creating!
Happy day to you ♥
* this recipe is way too simple to be even classed as creating